BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Documenting our amazing life.

Well hello this is my first blog. I am very excited to document our amazing unschool life. We began sending our oldest daughter who is five to kindergarten and she liked it at first but she then began to hate learning which made me very sad for her. Learning is supposed to be enjoyable learning is part of our everyday life. So I like any mom began to really worry about her she cried everyday before school and when she came she didn't like anything that had to do with learning. I myself love to learn new things so this really devastated me because I want my kids to love learning too. So I decided in February of 2009 to pull her out of school and home school her. Well I began to become very overwhelmed with our schedule it was like she was still in school and it was very hard to get her to want to do any worksheets. So I took a different approach I asked her what topic she is interested in and we would dive right in and I would print out worksheets and workbooks that went with that theme and I still struggled to get her to want to do it. I finally gave up and was very discouraged and wondered if I had done the right thing pulling her out of school. I was surfing the Internet one day and came across unschooling and it felt so right for our family. So now we unschool we do not do worksheets, or use workbooks. We do a lot of hands on activities that they ask to do and they really enjoy learning and I am extremely amazed at how much they have learned. And I am so in love with our life now I have a found a new way of living and have realized that my kids are independent they should be treated as individuals and every part of them should be respected as an individual. I have now put trust in my kids that they will learn and be successful at it I just step back and give them the tools and support that they need as individuals.

0 comments: