BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Digging for Gold




My girls favorite thing to do at the moment is dig in the dirt and look for fossils, gold, and of course make their famouse mud pies. Their new thing is having the dogs dig thier hols for them because digging in the dirt is so hard when you are so little. They get so excited when they find rocks and other things buried beneath the dirt. I use to get so upset when they would track dirt into the house because I would spend all day cleaning. But one thing this unschooling life has taught me is that their love for nature is a blessing and I should allow them to pursue that passion without fear. I have learned that the house work can wait until they are in bed but learning can't wait for me to clean and learning can't stop just because I have cleaned. Children are messy learners they love to get dirty and explore and I am grateful to have found such an amazing way of living where I can be learning right along with them getting dirty and digging in the dirt right along with them. Trusting my children with their learning is my passion I know that they will learn no matter what they are doing. I want my kids to have that passion and love for learning that humans are meant to have and so far I have seen first hand how children learn without having text books and teachers treating them like walking sponges. Digging in the dirt is a learning experience and each time they dig it is a different experiecne all together. Man what a wonderful life.

0 comments: