BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Power of Dreams and Imagination

Growing up I was taught that dreams don't come true which is why they call them dreams this concept that was ingrained deep into my mind caused me to live a dull life until I learned about the Law of Attraction. Law of Attraction taught me the power that dreaming has and that dreams do come true. I started using the Law of Attraction in my life I created vision boards with my girls and it was so much fun. I began to soon find out that dreams do come true and the best part of life is the dream or destination itself but it is the journey to the dream or destination. I have learned that dreaming brings me great joy and sharing those dreams with others brings me even greater joy.

This brings me to my oldest daughter Destinees newest dream. She loves animals and watching anything about them on T.V. and the Internet. Recently she stumbled upon the amazing Bindi Irwin on her new show Jungle Girl on Discover Kids. She had to tell me all about it and how cool Bindi was. She brought me my laptop and sat next to me on her bed and wanted to show me this wonderful little girl that she just fell deeply in love with. As we were looking through YouTube videos and reading all that we could about this amazing little girl Destinee saw a video of her holding a Koala which then become her new passion. She wanted to learn all about them and talked about how cool it will be to hold one. She then told me that she wants to go to Australia and meet Bindi, hold all the animals in her zoo, and have sleep over at her house. It was an awesome feeling to dream with my little girl I began to feel her excitement and joy and dream along with her. We talked about the plane ride, and all the cool places we will see, and the beautiful hotel we will stay in, and how awesome it was going to be to meet such an amazing family and see so many amazing animals and actually get to hold them. I then realized that in that time of dreaming I have connected with my daughter on a level that I never have before. It was beautiful it was complete and utter bliss.



I used to be a mom that didn't support their dreams and would say things like you better start saving or we could never do that at the time I did not know that I was crushing my little girls ability to dream but sense starting this new journey I have learned the power of dreaming and how important it is to dream. I will never say those things again to my girls. I will continue to be a part of their dreams and support their dreams 100%. I love giving them the power to dream and imagination cool and amazing things and most importantly I love seeing them so full of joy. Children don't know doubt, facts, or fears all they know is that they can dream and they are beautiful and that dreaming feels good to them and brings them joy. Taking a child's ability to dream away strips away their true self and authentic power little by little.

0 comments: